The University of Michigan Postdoctoral Association (UMPDA) provides awards of $500/each to support Postdoctoral Fellows wishing to attend conferences or meetings. For the next round, we will be accepting applications from November 15 – December 15, 2019 for conferences that will be held from January 1 – June 30, 2020. Travel to conferences held outside of this period will not be considered for award. Five travel awards will be granted.
How to Apply
- Apply here
the application window is Nov 15th – Dec 15th, 2019
Once you click on the link you will be asked to submit information about your conference travel plans including dates and budget, your abstract and a short paragraph (max. 200 words) explaining how this travel award will support your development as a postdoctoral fellow
- Current Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Michigan at time of application and at the time of the meeting/conference.
Factors Affecting Decision
- Presentation: Due to limited resources, oral presentations will receive the highest priority, followed by poster presentations, and, lastly, applicants who will not be presenting.
- Previous Attendance at Meetings/Conferences: Priority will be given to Postdoctoral Fellows who have not attended a meeting/conference in the past 12 months.
- Other Sources of Funding: Because this is a need-based award, priority will be given to applicants with fewer sources of travel support.
- School/College and Department: Units that have not received travel awards in the current year will receive higher priority.
- Following review, the UMPDA Travel Award Committee will contact the selected applicants.
- Any award winners who indicated that they will be presenting at the meeting/conference will be required to submit confirmation of abstract acceptance to maintain eligibility.
- Funds will be disbursed through reimbursement following meeting/conference travel.
- Please contact the UMPDA Travel Award Committee (UMPDATravelAwardCommittee@