The University of Michigan Postdoctoral Association (UMPDA) provides awards of up to $250/each to support Postdoctoral Fellows wishing to virtually attend conferences or meetings. Applications will be accepted from Dec 01, 2020 until Jan 08, 2021 for virtual meetings between Jan 01 and Jun 30th, 2021.
How to Apply
- Apply here
Once you click on the link you will be asked to submit information. Please, prepare the following:
- Information about the conference (dates, website, etc.)
- Estimated budget for participating in the conference
- If presenting, you will be required to upload a copy of your abstract
- A short paragraph (200 words max.) explaining how this award will benefit your development as a Postdoctoral Fellow
- Current Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Michigan at time of application and at the time of the meeting/conference.
- Awarded funds may only be used for virtual conference registration
Factors Affecting Decision
- Presentation: Due to limited resources, oral presentations will receive the highest priority, followed by poster presentations, and, lastly, applicants who will not be presenting
- Previous attendance at meetings: Priority will be given to Postdoctoral Fellows who have not attended a meeting/conference in the past 12 months
- Other sources of funding: Because this is a need-based award, priority will be given to applicants with fewer sources of conference support
- School/College and Department: Units that have not received UMPDA travel awards in the current year will receive higher priority
- New awardees: Participants who have not received UMPDA or Medical School (OGPS) Postdoc Travel Awards in the past will have higher priority
- Following review, the UMPDA Travel Award Committee will contact the selected applicants.
- Any award winners who indicated that they will be presenting at the meeting/conference will be required to submit confirmation of abstract acceptance to maintain eligibility.
- Funds will be disbursed through reimbursement following meeting/conference travel.
- Please contact the UMPDA Travel Award Committee (UMPDATravelAwardCommittee@