The University of Michigan Postdoctoral Association (UMPDA) provides awards of up to $250/each or $500/each to support Postdoctoral Fellows wishing to attend conferences virtually or in-person, respectively. Applications will be accepted from Jul 12 until Aug 06, 2021 for meetings held between Jul 01 and Dec 31, 2021.
How to Apply
- Apply here
Once you click on the link you will be asked to submit information. Please, prepare the following:
- Information about the conference (dates, website, etc.)
- Estimated budget for participating in the conference
- If presenting, you will be required to upload a copy of your abstract
- A short paragraph (200 words max.) explaining how this award will benefit your development as a Postdoctoral Fellow
- Current Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Michigan at time of application and at the time of the meeting/conference.
Factors Affecting Decision
- Presentation: Due to limited resources, oral presentations will receive the highest priority, followed by poster presentations, and, lastly, applicants who will not be presenting
- Previous attendance at meetings: Priority will be given to Postdoctoral Fellows who have not attended a meeting/conference in the past 12 months
- Other sources of funding: Because this is a need-based award, priority will be given to applicants with fewer sources of conference support
- School/College and Department: Units that have not received UMPDA travel awards in the current year will receive higher priority
- New awardees: Participants who have not received UMPDA or Medical School (OGPS) Postdoc Travel Awards in the past will have higher priority
- Following review, the UMPDA Travel Award Committee will contact the selected applicants.
- Any award winners who indicated that they will be presenting at the meeting/conference will be required to submit confirmation of abstract acceptance to maintain eligibility.
- Funds will be disbursed through reimbursement following meeting/conference travel.
- Please contact the UMPDA Travel Award Committee (UMPDATravelAwardCommittee@